A Few Of My Favorite Things
Did anyone else sing that when they read that, or was it just me? I think in song… Anyway, I’ve been asked a few times about different products I use, so I thought I would start a list. This is a fluid list as I change it when I find new things I like and add when I feel like there is something worthy of adding.
Stuff To Get Started
- To check for Ketosis, I use these Smackfat Ketone Strips. I don’t think there are any that are better than others, but these were cheap and so these are the ones I got.
- I started with this book, The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle. Lots of useful information and a great, easy read for beginners.
- The first cookbook I got was Bacon & Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Cookbook. I will do a review on it later, but there were several helpful things in this cookbook.
- For my morning bulletproof coffee, I use this Organic Raw Unsweetened Cacao Powder from Freedom Superfoods.
- Also, for my morning coffee, I like MCT oil. I love this one from Sports Research.
- To store my coffee, I bought this canister from Amazon. This 47 oz Oggi Stainless Steel Canister is perfect for a bag of coffee. It’s easy to open but sturdy. We got a second one for my husband’s coffee. (You won’t believe this but I drink decaf!!! Ahhhhh! He does NOT!)
- Speaking of coffee, here’s my new joy- Christopher Bean Caramel Machiatto decaf coffee. It’s hard to find flavored coffees when you have to drink decaf, but I’ve found a great one!
- Next on my list was a mayonnaise because I haven’t been successful at making my own. Here is the Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo that I use. This is the only Keto approved one I have found so far. If you find another, let me know. I do really like this one, luckily because I haven’t seen another.
- Also, there is this Primal Kitchen Chipotle Mayo. It’s so good on burgers! Sometimes my husband dips veggies in it too!
- Something I keep in my fridge in case I need something to grab and go is a package of these Old Wisconsin sausage sticks. Normally I stay away from sausage because I have yet to find one that is Keto friendly, but my husband loves these and if they keep me from derailing, then fine.
- I love pancakes. I love waffles. Mostly because they are carriers for syrup. That’s why I was so happy when I found out about this Lakanto Monkfruit Syrup! Now my Keto pancakes have syrup!! I’m so happy!!
- For baking, you will often need Erythritol, and I love this Erythritol by Now Real Foods.
- Also, for baking and breads, I use this Almond Flour by Bob’s Red Mill. It’s super fine and works wonders!
- For any other sweetening needs, I use this Natural Mate Stevia.
- These Cello Parmesan Cheese Whisps are incredible! I actually had them way before I had ever heard of Keto, so I was so glad to hear that they are Keto-approved!
- And if you want to branch out with the Cello Cheese Whisps, try this 3 pack of different flavors- Cheddar, Parmesan, and Pepper Jack. Um, yes please!!
- Zevia sodas. I typically don’t drink anything but water, coffee, beer, or wine (haha, and trying not to do much of the beer and wine) but some times I go through jags where I want something sweet. This usually does the trick. I don’t really care for the stevia after-taste, but if I’m in a pinch then it’s fine.
- The first thing we bought was this Paderno Spiral Slicer. We love it! Easy to use and simple to clean!
- Because I hate the bacon smell in my house (it lingers, people!), this Presto electric skillet is great for nice days. We plug it in on the patio and let it do it’s thing! My husband likes it because it folds away for easy storage.
- I don’t love eggs, I don’t even really like them. But I eat them because they are about the best Keto food you could have. So when I eat them, I prefer them in the deviled state. I especially loved bacon jalapeno deviled eggs. I can really go for those! I store them in this Snap N Stack Carrier and throw them in the fridge.
- Now, if we’re making bacon on the stove top, then we use this Alpha & Sigma Splatter Screen to keep the splatter at bay. I personally hate doing it in a skillet and will do it in the oven any day, but that takes some planning ahead, which we don’t do very often!! Also, if we’re doing a recipe that calls for chopped bacon, then we’ll use this screen.
- My favorite knife of all time- this Kai Wasabi Santoku knife is it! I use it for everything- zucchini, onions, even tomatoes!
- I just read a really scary article about grill brush bristles coming off on the grill and then being swallowed and all the havoc they cause when they get in your body. For that reason, I bought this Safe/Clean Grill Brush by Kona for us, my parents, and my in-laws! I don’t want anyone to go through that!
Please be advised that this post contains affiliate links and any purchase made through such links will award me a (VERY) small commission. Hey, it helps keep the lights on… You can read my disclosure here.